It’s the last day of June! I said it the other day but this summer really is flying by. I still have so much summer fun planned so I really need time to slow down a bit.
I hope that everyone has some fun plans to celebrate the holiday. We are hitting the beach but also hopefully completing some home projects.
While you are here, check out my other posts from the week:
I invited you all inside for a Home Tour.
I updated you all on all the little things in my What’s Up Wednesday post.
And, like usual, I shared my Weekend Roundup.
You can also follow along on Instagram.
Hank started T-Ball this week and is IN LOVE with it! I was pretty worried because he has a tendency to create these elaborate stories in his head about how exactly things are going to happen and he gets really disappointed when things don’t go as he planned. I really thought that that was going to be the case with T-Ball because he was just SO pumped about it and would tell everyone who would listen how he was going to “smash that ball ALL THE WAY into the next field”.
Luckily, I was wrong. He had fun, interacted well with the other kids, listened to his coach and played hard. Day 1 was a massive success for my timid guy so I have high hopes that this will be something he really enjoys.
We took the boys up to the carnival this week that is a major fundraiser for Hank’s school and the church. The boys had a great time riding rides and playing games with their cousins. They danced to the music and we all got a kick out of seeing the priests who were emceeing the event out of their traditional garbs.
OK, I’m pretty sure that I’ll have 75% of the internet rolling their eyes at me but the other 25% nodding in agreement.
I’ve started Christmas shopping.
Of course I still shop at Christmas time because my kids are not going to be interested in same things in December as they are now (although Reid’s trash truck obsession has been going strong for a while now). There were a few years in a row where I felt like I was running around like a lunatic trying to figure out and find gifts last minute. I vowed never to do that again. Last year I shopped throughout the year and the holiday was so much more enjoyable. We got to spend our time doing fun things as a family rather than waiting in lines. So I’m keeping my eyes out for things and picking things up as I see them.
How funny is this face she’s making?!
This week we celebrated my friend’s baby’s Christening and I was honored to stand up there as her Godmother. I am now blessed with two Goddaughters and it is not a role I take lightly. I can’t wait to watch these girls grow up and be there through all the stages of their lives.
While you’re here check out a few of my wonderful blog friends.